Friday, December 16, 2011

The 1st week is almost over

The weekend is almost here, that means the end of the first week of Crossfit. By far I have to say that we are really happy with our decision to join and start Crossfit. For the first time in my life I can say that I actually look forward to working out and going to the gym. I know this is only the beginning and there will be times where I will want to give up and call it quits but I am sure that we are still a long way from that happening.

Today's WOT was the first WOT that was not modified for us. It sound easy but TRUST me, it was NOT. Here is the WOT:

CrossFit Westchester WOD:
A. Power Snatch 3×3 TNG sets rest 2 mins
B. 20 situps OMEM for 5 minutes rest 2 minutes
C. AMRAP 8 Wall Ball Shots (20/14) *5 burpees every time you stop*

The power snatches were pretty "easy" and I was able to do my first rep with 65, second with 75 and last one with 85. I struggled a little bit in the last one but I was able to get it done. Then came the situps. I am actually REALLY proud of myself on this one, I was able to do the first 3 reps in under 40 seconds. The last I was not able to finish fully. 4 rep I did 17 and the last I did 11.

Now, let's talk about the Wall Ball Shots but more importantly the burpees. If there is ONE thing so far that I truly HATE doing are burpees. I am able to do 10-15 without a problem but every time I stopped? COME ON!! I was able to get 41 Wall Ball shots with the 20lbs med ball. I think the series were 16, 5,6,4,5,5. After that workout I actually felt like the first work out we ever did when we tried Crossfit for the first time. I felt weak, like I wanted to throw up and was exhausted.

Once again I have to give my wife big props for actually getting 59 done. She is focused and I LOVE that about her! She actually makes me look bad..LOL.

That is it for today. Tomorrow is out last WOD of the week. I have really enjoyed this whole week and believe it or not I am starting to see some differences in my upper body and my strenght.

Until tomorrow, OC signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment