Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 - A new Beginning

Let me start off by saying Happy New Year!!! 2011 was full of new and exciting things but I know for sure that 2012 is going to be even a better year.

As I have said before, we are glad we made the decision to join the CrossFit community but more specifically CrossFit Westchester We have met an excellent group of people who are willing to support you and help you achieve your goals. All of the trainers are excellent and really know what they are doing. They are dedicated, strong and willing to teach you and make sure that you reach your full potential.

With that being said, this week @ Crossfit Westchester we are being put through a series of "tests" to helps us learn where we are today and aid us in setting Micro and Macro goals for the rest of the year. Each day we are being tested in a different area and the first two WOD's of the year were the following:


CrossFit Westchester WOD: (Monday Jan 2)
STRENGTH TEST:
“CrossFit Total”
1RM Back Squat
1RM Shoulder Press
1RM Deadlift
*You will have 3 attempts to find your 1RM for each movement*

This is the first time both the wife and I have ever tried to reach our RM for each of the movements posted above. Our scores were as follow:

Omar -
Back Squat - 225lbs
Shoulder Press - 115lbs
Deadlift - 275lbs

Wife -

Back Squat - 135lbs
Shoulder Press - 65lbs
Deadlift - 180lbs

We are both really proud of our scores and hopefully now we will have a way to gauge our success.

The second WOD of the year was:


CrossFit Westchester WOD: (Tuesday Jan 3)
Lactate Day
500m Row
40 Air Squats
30 Situps
20 Pushups
10 Pullups
rest 5 minutes x 3
*All 3 rounds are to be done at 100%*

Now, some of you might remember that when we were first introduced into CrossFit we were asked to perform the same WOD to gauge our "Fitness" level. Our previous times were 8:30 for me and 6:15 for the wife. Our times from last night are as follow:

Omar -
Round 1 - 6:58
Round 2 - 7:55
Round 3 - 7:57

Wife -

Round 1 - 6:12
Round 2 - 6:23
Round 3 - 6:37

As you can see my improvement in a month's time is almost that of 2 minutes. I was really proud of my times although I have to tell you, I was BEAT after the three rounds. That feeling I got the first time I did this WOD came back last night and I felt sick, I wanted to throw up and felt dizzy. After a few minutes I was able to recover. ALSO, keep in mind that prior to the WOD we always warm-up and yesterday's warm-up included 100 jumping jacks or more (didn't really count), Burpees (15), air squats, lunges and more.

Overall we both are really confident with the progress we have made thus far and can't wait to continue down this long and difficult path. Until next time, this is OC signing out!



No comments:

Post a Comment