Saturday, January 14, 2012

1-13-12 - Back Squat & Nutritional Update

Yesterday's WOD was one of the first WOD's where I really had allot of fun. Definitely the members in the box make a big difference in my mood every night.

Last night I really felt like I was a part of the Box and finally feel "at home". This is the WOD from last night:

CrossFit Westchester WOD:
21-15-9
Back Squats (155/105)
Handstand Pushups

*Sub for handstand pushup = 2x the number of hand release pushups*

Core:
A suprising 5 minutes of HELL!!!!

The WOD was a good combination of excercises that look simple individually but when put together are a real killer. the one twist that was thrown in the WOD was that you had to clean the weight and then set for the back squat, because of this I was not able to do RX but ended up using 95lbs.

Also, I have never tried a Handstand in my life, so adding a pushup was definitely not going to work. Both the wife and I opted for the hand release pushups.

After the WOD we were faced with 5 minutes of HELLLLL!! We basically had to keep our feet off the ground for a period of 5 minutes and IF our feet would touch the ground we would have to start all over again. Guess who's feet touched the ground first?? YESS, ME!! DAMNNN!!! Luckily everyone was OK about it and didn't give me a hard time.

Today we also had our updated Nutritional appointment. The wife and I are doing excellent. I have lost over 8 pounds and 3% body fat in the last 5 weeks. I also gained over 1% muscle overall. The wife lost 2 pounds and 1% body fat, however she lost some muscle.

Doctor Silverman made some small modifications to our diet so we will have to wait and see how we do next month. We are really excited with how we are doing and CAN'T wait to see our progress in a couple of months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment