Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1-16-12 - Overhead Squat


After a good weekend rest we started our week with a good WOD:


CrossFit Westchester WOD:
A1. Overhead Squat 10 reps (As heavy as possible)
A2. Max Pullups rest 4 minutes x 3
B. Max Overhead Squats (95/65) 4 minutes
5 broad jumps every time you drop the bar

I think that out of all the Oly moves, OHS is the one I like the least. My wrist really hurt and my form for some reason is pretty bad. I tried focusing on my form and trying to keep my weight on my heels instead of the toes. I think my problem is that I forget to push my hips back before I squat.

Part A1 was pretty good and I was able to handle 75lbs although I failed the last rep on my first two sets. Part A2 I was really surprised because I decided to use the green band with purple and had some pretty good results. The first set I did 20 Pull-ups, second 15 and third 12.
For Part B I decided to go down in weight and ended up doing 20 reps @ 65lbs.

Overall I was really happy with the WOD and even after class we stayed for a few and I worked on my pull-ups and used the green band by itself. I also did some burpees since I know that is my WORST skill.

We are both really focused and want to get some great results for this second month. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment