Friday, January 13, 2012

1-12-12 - Killer Shoulders

So last night's workout was what I would consider a "Shoulder Killer" WOD.

Here is the WOD:


CrossFit Westchester WOD:
Shoulder Press
3-3-3-3 @ 85% of 1RM

AMRAP 6
12 Wall Ball Shots (20/14)
12 Burpees

Last week we had our "benchmark" week and one of the things we worked on was Shoulder Press. My RM for SP was 125 so 85% of that is 106.25lbs.

I was partnered with someone who was not able to lift as much (I was really surprised because he is pretty fit and has been doing CF for a while) so we were taking turns setting the weight for each set.

After we were done with SP's we moved into the AMRAP. This part of the WOD was the killer one. I feel pretty confident with the WBS but the Burpees still kill me!!!! I was able to do 3 full sets but what really slowed me down were my burpees. I have to continue working on my burpee's. I do have to say that I am doing them MUCH better and actually lasting longer before I have to stop.

On a side note, after tonight's WOD we will officially have finished our first month of CF. We are definitely sticking with it!

Until tomorrow, Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment